Two Macedonian nationals evacuated to following Morocco earthquake

0
64

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs extended condolences over the victims of the devastating earthquake that struck the Al Haouz province of Morocco on Friday evening.

In the press release, the MFA said the Macedonian diplomatic mission in Cairo is communicating with the relevant institutions in Morocco over the possible presence of Macedonian nationals in the affected regions and needs for evacuation.

“So far, our diplomatic mission in Cairo has received reports of only two Macedonian nationals. They have been evacuated and are currently in a camp in Marrakesh in a good condition and will depart to Madrid on Sunday evening,” said the MFA in the press release.

The Ministry urged all citizens of North Macedonia who are currently present in Morocco and need consular assistance, to phone the 24/7 line of the Embassy in Cairo at +20 103 361 5542, and the SOS line at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs +389 75 273 732.

 

Previous articleState Department: Corruption has potential to undermine N. Macedonia’s strategic ambitions
Next articleStoilkovski: Atrocity goes unpunished for years – commissions for vaccines, modular, Besa Trans, Oncology

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here