Pensions in 2019 in Macedonia record lowest growth in history, confirms PDIF


The Pension and Disability Insurance Fund in its just published report for 2019 confirms that last year there was the smallest increase in pensions so far, i.e. in the last 13 years as far as the records are concerned. The adjustment of pensions was 0.7 percent on January 1, 2019 and 0.4 percent on July 1 of the same year, which means that in total they were adjusted by 1.1 percent.

– With the adjustments made to the pensions, the average pension in December 2019 amounted to 14,602 denars and the same compared to 2018 in the amount of 14,445 denars is higher by 1.1 percent. The increase is a result of the regular adjustment of pensions in 2019, as well as the amount of pensions of new pension beneficiaries, reads the PDIF report.

Previously, the smallest increase was in 2010 when it was 1.4 percent. It is the highest in 2008 when it was 21.66 percent. In 2018, i.e. a year before, the increase was 3.52 percent, and in 2017 it was only 1.59. In 2007, the first year of the record, it was 1.69 percent. There was growth of 5 percent and more in 2009, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.

Previous articleAnonymous threatens all parties: If you appoint an Albanian Prime Minister, we will turn Macedonia upside down
Next articleVMRO-DPMNE: Mickoski won the elections according to number of won MP seats


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here