Macedonian soldiers hospitalized for carbon monoxide poisoning in Slovenia


Two Macedonian soldiers are among the eight people being treated in a Slovenian hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning. They breathed in the poisonous gas while removing water from a flooded basement in Slovenia, the country’s national broadcaster said.

Following the recent disastrous floods in the country, Macedonian troops joined the efforts of Slovenian soldiers and firefighters to deal with the emergency.

According to the Slovenian army’s chief doctor Robert Karota, a total of 32 people were exposed to carbon monoxide while removing flood water from the House of Culture in Chrna na Koroshkem on Wednesday. They included 18 Macedonian army members, six Slovenian army members, and eight firefighters. All of them were immediately taken to the hospital for treatment, and none of them were in critical condition.


Previous articleNo Macedonian universities on the Shanghai Ranking Consultancy this year as well
Next articlePostal services prices to go up as of September


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here