Ministry of Interior to act on spreading fake news on coronavirus social media

0
52

The Ministry of Interior will take the most severe action against all those who post fake news on social media that will cause anxiety and panic among the citizens, Interior Minister Nake Culev said Tuesday night.

One of the obligations of the Ministry of Interior, as he said, is to preserve public order and peace, which is to prevent panic and chaos among the citizens. To that end, he added, the Department of Cybercrime and Digital Forensics is taking continuous action by monitoring the profiles and activities of social networks and identifying all those cases of spreading fake news related to the activities undertaken by institutions in the fight against the spreading of Covid-19 virus.

“So far, the MoI has submitted eight appropriate notifications to the BPPO, and two are still awaiting a response from Facebook and Twitter. This is often the case where misleading or fake information is provided to people with coronavirus. I warn citizens and urge them to refrain from publishing such fake news as it is extremely irresponsible and reckless behavior in situations where all citizens and all state institutions take maximum action to deal with the consequences of coronavirus,” Culev said.

Доколку преземете содржина од оваа страница, во целост сте се согласиле со нејзините Услови за користење.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here